|Spouse and other names||Bandić|
|Date of birth||September 30, 1871|
|Date of death||October 26, 1950|
About her personal situation
September 30, 1871 – Danica was born in Zagreb, fathered by actor and a playwright Laza Telečki. He used to be a member of the Serbian National Theatre in Novi Sad and he translated approximately twenty plays into Serbian. Laza died when Danica was only nineteen months old. When she was eight she was bereft of her mother as well, and her uncle took over the custody of her.
1877 – 1881 – She attended primary school in Zrenjanin and Velika Kikinda.
1881 – 1888 – Her uncle decided that she should pursue further education; she graduated from the Higher School for Women in Subotica, and the Higher School for Teachers in Sombor.
1888 – 1921 – At the age of seventeen she became a teacher in Kikinda, where she married Miloš Bandić, also a teacher.
1922 – After retiring she moved to Belgrade with her husband.
1941 – Her husband dies.
October 26, 1950 – Danica dies in Belgrade.
|Place of birth||Zagreb|
|Place(s) of residence||Croatia and Serbia|
|Place of death||Beograd|
|Marital status||Divorced Widowed|
About her professional situation
1892 – She began her literary work by publishing a short story ‘Silom u preparandiju’ (Forced to preschool) in the magazine Ženski svet (Women’s world), where she would later continue to publish her work.
1895 –Matica Srpska awarded her piece of writing Emancipovana (The Emancipated Girl), a comical one act play.
1923 – She published her most distinguished story, ‘Tera baba kozliće’ (Granny herds the kids), which was printed with illustrations by the famous painter Uroš Predić.
During her lifetime she published approximately twenty anthologies of short stories and plays. Her first works aimed at an adult audience, but later she turned to writing children’s books. Some of her theatre works were played at the Serbian National Theatre. Productions of her plays for children include: Oproštaj sneška belića (The Snowman’s Farewell), Devojčica sa zlatnim rukama (The Girl with the Golden Hands), Vilinska priča (Fairy story).
|Profession(s) and other activities||Author dramma, Writer for children, Writer of prose and novel, and Teacher/governess|
|Language(s) in which she wrote||Serbian|
|Financial aspects of her career||Stipend/allowance/pension and Salary|
Works written by this author
- LJubičice: darak dobroj deci od tetka Darinke i tetka Dane (1896)
- Tetka Danina knjiga (1908)
- Tera baba kozliće: čudnovati doživljaji Zvezdana Sveznana iz ravnog Banata (1923)
- Šta lasta pripoveda (1924)
- Začarani šegrt (1925)
- Vilin dar: priča iz vremena starih (1927)
- Puna kola priča (1927)
- Prva zapovest: čarobna igra u dve slike (1927)
- Dialozi (1928)
- Monolozi (1928)
- Tamo amo po prirodi (1928)
- Priče iz zverinjaka (1930)
- Doživljaj pastirčeta Jovana: dramska slika za decu (1930)
- San i java: priče i bajke (1931)
- Od proleća do zime: priče i bajke o cveću, pticama i deci (1932)
- Vilinska priča: čarobna igra; Šućkovo stradanje: šala u jednom činu (1932)
- Vesela čitanka, Čarobna igra (1934)
- Slike iz dečjeg carstva: male priče zgodne za čitanje i prikazivanje pri raznim školskim i domaćim svečanostima (1934)
- Oproštaj Sneška Belića: čarobna igra u jednoj radnji (1934)
- Pravi put: čarobna igra u jednom činu; Devojka sa zlatnim rukama: dramska bajka z dva dela i epilog (1934)
- Priče iz gradine (1935)
Articles and other similar texts
- Zima (1. decembar 1894.)
- Srce (15. februar 1894.)
- Silom u preparandiju (1892)
- Na raskršću. (1892)
- - Da i ženske polažu profesorske ispite. (1894)
- Emancipovana: šaljiva igra u 1 činu (1895)
- Sanjarije (1896)
- Moj ideal (1896)
- Zima i proleće (1899)
- Jedna suza (1899)
- Pod jesen (1899)
- Spram mesečine (1899)
- Razlozi (1902)
- Očev greh (1902)
- Tema (1903)
- Majkin poslednji Božić (1903)
- Razgovor sa muzom : (Jedno ćeretanje) (1913)
- Pisma Danice Bandić (2005)
Reception during lifetime
- Proщanіe Sněgovika Sněguroviča : volšebnaя pЬeska vЪ 1-mЪ děйstvіi (autor nepoznat - 1911)
- Značenіe vыšivokЪ (autor nepoznat - 1913)
- IzЪ pisЬma teosofa, bыvšago na Kongressě vЪ Stokgolmě (autor nepoznat - 1913)
- Mečta (autor nepoznat - 1914)
- Pripovedačice : Danica Bandićka (Jelica Belović Bernadžikovska - 1913)
- O ženskim knjigama (Julka Srdić-Popović - 1913)
- Jedna dobra knjiga za decu (Marko Car - 1923)
Reception after death
- Ispunjen dug: (Danica Bandić: Tera baba kozliće) (Sima S. Cucić - 1954)
- Naše prve spisateljice dramskih dela (Nada Savković - 2011)
- Zaboravljena književnica Danica Bandić i zaboravljen ilustrator Uroš Predić (Svetlana Tomić - 2014)