|Spouse and other names||Miladinović|
|Date of birth||1869|
|Date of death||1928|
|Language||German and Serbian|
About her personal situation
Milena Miladinović was born in Vienna in 1869. She finished primary and secondary school there. She enrolled at university to study philosophy, dut did not graduate.
She was of German origin.
She married Dr Žarko Miladinović. After her wedding, she moved to Ruma.
She died in Belgrade in 1928.
|Place of birth||Beč|
|Place of death||Beograd|
About her professional situation
She started writing poems early, and her first poems were in German. Thanks to her husband, she learnt Serbian and started writing poetry in Serbian. She also started translating from German into Serbian and vice versa.
She translated folk poems from the Kosovo cycle into German. She translated around thirty Serbian folk poems into German and published them in Viennese magazines "Parlamentär" and "Ost-Westliche Rundschau." She collaborted with the following Serbian magazines: "Bosanska vila," "Nova Iskra," "Srpska Domaja," "Brankovo kolo," as well as calendars "Orao," "Kosovo," etc. starting from 1901.
Zmaj was a good friend of hers. He translated one poem she wrote from German into Serbia and published it in the magazine "Srpska Domaja." Milena Miladinović wanted to repay him, so she erected a monument in his honour in Ruma.
|Profession(s) and other activities||Poet and Translator|
Works written by this author
Articles and other similar texts
Reception during lifetime
- Jovan Jovanović Zmaj "Vidosava Branković", prevela na nemački Milena Miladinović (Milan Savić - )
- Božićne priče Milene Miladinović (Milan Savić - )
- Istorija srpske književnosti (Jovan Grčić - 1906)
- Knez Ivo od Čemberija Branislava Nušića na nemačkom jeziku, prevela Milena Miladinović (Milan Savić - 1909)
- Milena Miladinović (Mila Pavlović - 1905)
- Milena Miladinović iz Crne Gore (Tihomir Ostojić - 1902)
- Milena Miladinović: Memento, pripovetke (Milan Savić - )
- Mučenici, priče iz Stare Srbije i Maćedonije Milene Miladinović (Milan Savić - )
- O Crnogorcima, pisma sa Cetilja iz 1878. godine, prevela na nemački Milena Miladinović (Milan Savić - )
- Pesnikinje: Milena Miladinović (Zorka Janković - 1913)
Reception after death
- Inicirala podizanje prvog spomenika čika Jovi Zmaju (Tatjana Loš - 2016)
- Milena Miladinović