Ana Vidović (rođ. Vusija)
|Name||Ana Vidović (rođ. Vusija)|
|Spouse and other names||Vidović|
|Date of birth||1799|
|Date of death||1879|
About her personal situation
Ana Vidović (nee Vusija) was born in 1788 in Šibenik (Croatia), where she grew up.She was educated in Šibenik and Zadar. She married MArko Vidović, who was also into writing. He, however, wrote mainly in Italian. They lived in Pag, where her husband worked. She died in Šibenik 1879.
|Place of birth||Šibenik|
|Place of death||Šibenik|
About her professional situation
Ana Vidović was considerably influenced by Dositej Obradović and Vuk Karadžić. Her works were, therefore, greatly influenced by folk tradition.
Apart from Serbian, she spoke Italian too. In 1841, she published her first work "Anka i Stanko" in Zadar.
She was in the editorial board of the "Zora Dalmatinska" journal between 1844 and 1849. As of 1844, she started publishing her poems in Zadar, which were accompanied with an Italian translation. She published two books in Italian: A collection of poems (1846) and an epic poem about Romulus' founding of Rome (1856).
Savremenici i poslednici Dositeja Obradovića i Vuka Stefanovića Karadžića: sakupio, obradio i sredio Vlastoje D. Aleksijević (1911–1969), druga sveska, available at
Translated by Višnja Krstić.
|Profession(s) and other activities||Poet and Translator|
Works written by this author
- Razmišljanja o ljubavi ()
- Senjanin Ivo ()
- Grabljenje ()
- Deva vitezovica ()
- Vjernost i ljubav, viteštvo pomorca bokeškog ()
- Venčanje Dalmatinca ()
- Anka i Stanko (1841)
- Pjesme (1844)
- Alva i Alko (1845)
- Prevara osvećena (1847)
- LJubav i nemilost (1849)
Articles and other similar texts
- Viđenje (1842)
Reception during lifetime
- Prikaz zbirke "Pjesme na srpskom i italijanskom jeziku" (1847)
- Ana Vidović. spisateljica i pjesmarka (1861)
- Ana Vidović (1874)
Reception after death
- Almanah jugoslovenskih žena (V. Heneberg - 1921)
- Enciklopedija SHS (Branko Vodnik - 1927)
- Ilirizam (Dr Jakša Hercog - 1935)
- Prevedra šibenska gospoja Ana Vidović: (1800.-1879.) (Jadranka Čobanov - 2000)
- Hrvatska pesnikinja Ana Vidovićeva (Šibenik 1800-1879)-Epska pesma "Anka i Stanko" ili Dubrava Mojanka blizu Splita